- Do not compete if feeling unwell.
- No GoPro type devices, MP3 players or similar devices to be worn at any time in Transition or during the competition 3 Do not use a mobile phone or device in Transition or during the competition.
- Competitors and officials only.
- Place only race kit at your racking point and move all other to alongside the fence.
- Walk on poolside, no running.
- Sit and slide pool entry.
- There are three steps between swim exit and Transition.
- Competitors must comply with Highway Code and Road Regulations. Marshals
will not direct any traffic.
- The road is bendy, undulating, with potholes and grates in the carriageway and slippery sections.
- Keep alert and cycle on the left at all times.
- Do not take corners wide.
- Overtake only when you are sure the road ahead is clear and it is safe to do so.
- Keep 10m separation from the competitor in front unless overtaking.
- When being overtaken allow the other to pass and establish a 10m gap.
- No riding side by side.
- There are two right turns across traffic one at the turn-round and the second returning to T2.
- Give way to oncoming traffic.
- There are bridges at Heathfield and Ramsgill with limited sight lines so keep left on the outward
and return legs. They will be marshaled and signed.
- There is a section of particularly narrow and twisty road approaching and returning
from Lofthouse where caution is required. It will be signed.
- Returning competitors are required to give way to outgoing competitors close to transition.
- There are two road crossings; Give way to traffic.
- Variable run surfaces: Pavement, hardcore and grass with drop-offs.
- Keep left except for a section in Pateley Bridge as directed by marshals.
- Give way to pedestrians and dog walkers, run on grass if necessary.